Healthy Dates and Nuts Muffins
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grinded sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or essence
Chopped dates 10 (choose soft ,sweet and pulpy dates)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
Fine chopped Pistachios 1 tbsp
Fine chopped almonds 1 tbsp
Fine chopped walnuts 1 tbsp
…………makes 12 Muffins
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12 pieces cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.grease and flour..
Remove the seeds from dates and chop them.Soak chopped dates in half cup of milk.Set aside.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup flour , 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda .Stir with chopped pistachios ,chopped walnuts and chopped almonds.Set flour mix aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 2 eggs with the whisk attachment on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add vanilla and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a hand whisk and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk and dates mixture then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk mixture.Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
7:.Fill 3/4 portion of each muffin cup with the batter.
Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F or 180 degree centigrade.Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove.