Zero oil Chicken Curry

Zero oil Chicken Curry

Chicken shorba without oil

It is a Pakistani style diet curry..in which no oil is used.It has all healthy and flavourful spices.Poppy seeds covers the absence of oil and gives it a creamy texture.Poppy seeds also have so many health benefits such as

It helps to lower bad cholestrol,It prevents from artery diseases , risk of having stroke,constipation,high blood presseure,breast cancer,Insomnia,heart attack,nervous disorders,osteoporosis. .poppy seeds can keep up your body energy levels.There is no bad smell of raw onions because they are thoroughly cooked with meat and fenugreek leaves gives it a nice aroma

Ingredients for Curry

List 1

Chicken 500 gms (cut into pieces)
Onions 2 cut in cubes

Poppy seeds 2 tsp

List 2

Dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi) 1 tbsp

Green chillies. 4

Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp

Cooking Directions

1::: Grind raw onions with yogurt.

2:::Grind poppy seeds and Desicated coconut in coffee grinder and make a fine powder.

3::Take a pot,put chicken pieces and ginger and garlic paste.Now add

Grinded onion and yogurt mixture.

4::Also add grinded poppy seed mixture and all the remaining list 1 ingredients.

Now mix well.

5:::Put the pot on stove and cook chicken on low heat for 25 minutes without adding any water.

6::When chicken is tender ,then add list 2 ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes…

7:: Chicken is ready to serve.

1. Sounds delicious and healthy as well .. Would like try this zero oil chicken curry…

Must try dear and share your feedback.

On Mar 21, 2017 11:11 AM, “Afreen's kitchen” wrote:

2. Shoumuos says:

Love this! I liked how you added the health benefits as well 🙂

3. How does it not stick then sis?x

It will not stick bc it is cooked on low heat and chicken and yogurt releases water.

4. Sara Saleh says:

This looks delicious! I will share with my freinds who use the ‘slimming world diet’ here in the UK as it’s very compatible and healthy. Yum. Cannot wait to try it 🙂

5. The recipe sounds really delicious. I have never tried poppy seeds in my dishes before. Should check out next time I go grocery shopping.

6. looks delicious and intresting …no oil then surely goin to give a try

7. muslimah says:

That looks very yummy I think I’ll try it thanks for sharing

8. Amina says:

Mouth watering idea! I like the combination of ingredients used – and plus it uses zero oil. Can’t wait to give it a try soon-ish Insha Allah.

Thanks ..Must try

9. This looks so good! I’ll be honest – usually Pakistani curries have a massive layer of oil on the top of them and I always wonder how people don’t get heartburn after! This sounds like such a great method mashaAllah 🙂

10. Nasra says:

No oil recipe sounds excellent and looks delicious. I have never tried poppy seeds in a recipe before, but your recipes makes me want to try it.