Kheer recipe for Get together Party

Kheer

Recipe for 7 kg milk,,,,,,provided by Shagufta Ahsan…

Ingredients

Milk 7 litre

sugar 5 cup

Rice 3 and half cup (grind with 1 cup of milk)

Cardamom powder 1 tsp

Pistachios and almonds chopped

khoya or qalaqund 750 gm(milk solids obtain from curdled milk)

method

boil milk add cardamom pwd and leave on low flame for one hour when its colour become brownish add grinded rice ..Now stir continuously with wooden spoon. cook 10 minutes then add sugar and  when kheer get thick texture add khoya and stir well.

garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cool

…

Buy these digital mugs online,,,many designs available

1. Shagufta Ahsan says:

JazakAllah for adding my recipe…Its all because of your guidance JazakAllah once again

Thanks and welcome….keep trying and sharing….

2. Hmm very interesting.. I’ve actually been searching for a recipe that you may know but I can’t seem to locate.

A few years ago, I had a ground rice dish at a Desi friends home. His mother explained that it was rice that had been soaked, ground, and baked – she served it by cutting it into squares and servicing with a combination of a spicy chutney like condiment.. I say chutney like because it really didn’t have the same consistency, it was more dried peppers and pepper powder with olive oil. Have you ever heard of or seen anything like this?

-AH

I think your friend was an Indian where you had the dish…Mostly Indians make Upma,Dosa and Idli sort of dishes…in Pakistani cuisine we used to have a boiled then mashed rice and lentil dish called khichdi but it is not baked,,,,which we have with chutney…

3. Lubna Karim says:

Wow…this is my favorite….sounds droolicious…..

4. Umme Hafsa says:

I love kheer… this looks soo tasty! Jazakillah for sharing x

5. Ayesha Farhad says:

I love love kheer! But i always end up making the packet ones! Miss the kheer my dadi used to make! And this recipe resembles hers so much!!

6. Rāyä says:

I’d have to try this! I’ve recently fallen in love again it Jeera rice and hack the recipe for that AND chicken tikka (where does this dish originate).

Now I’ve god the finishing desert to try to our main course!

Thanks..kheer is traditional sweet dish of India and Pakistan..

7. Shahira says:

This is pretty commonly done in our place too..thaf is South India. Very tasty one this is!

8. Shahira says:

This is pretty commonly made in our place too..that is South India. Pretty tasty dessert!

9. zayeneesha says:

Oh boi my growling stomach lol ❤

10. Amina says:

This will make any party more fun-tastic. It looks sooo enticing.

11. maryamkabir says:

When it comes to food I always stick to the basic dishes. No surprise that I never heard of Kheer. But I will try it one day on a weekend as a treat. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us

12. Tahoora says:

Tried Shagufta Ahsan ‘s kheer recipie for 20-22 persons n it was superb being loved by everyone.Thanx shagufta for the ratio support .😊..Recipie given below:
    Milk 5 lit
    Rice 2 cups (washed n blended with 1 cup of milk taken from above 5 lit)
    Powdered cardamom 1.5 tsp
    Saffron flakes half tsp
    Sugar 2.5 cups
    Qalaqand 1/2 kg
    Ground Almonds 2 handful
    Crushed pistachios n coconut (for garnishing)
    Boil milk with cardamom powder n saffron flakes n leave on low flame for 10-15 min after it reaches the boiling point..then add blended rice to it n cook on low to medium flame frequently stirring with wooden spoon.As the mixture become a little dense add ground Almonds n stirr well..Add sugar as u check the rice n they feel tender..keep on stirring.Add in qalaqand as the kheer is about to ready n stirr well so that qalaqand is mixed properly.Now take the kheer out in bowls n garnish with crushed pistachios n coconut.Refrigerate as it reaches upto room temperature.Qalaqand is an additional ingredient I added a/c to Shagufta Ahsan first time in kheer n no doubt it made it more delicious however other ingredients r same as I am personally used to make kheer with..saffron,kewra essence and ground Almonds n dessicated coconut r additional ingredients other than Shagufta ‘s recipie..

That’s great ..Tahoora Adnan..,
      Thanks for sharing your recipe..