Highway Special Chicken Karahi

Garam Masala 1 /4 tsp

Karahi Gosht Masala 1 tbsp

Dried Fenugreek Leaves 1 tbsp

Green Chilies 4 for garnish

Oil ¾ cup
Method:

Heat oil in a wok..fry onion and take it out from oil.Blend onion with green chillies and yogurt.Now fry ginger ,garlic and chicken for 10 mins, Add in all the spices and grinded paste.cover and cook for 15 mins. Lastly add kasori methi and  chilies and leave it on Dum. Serve with Naan.

How to make Homemade Karahi gosht Masala

Ingredients
Whole coriander seeds roasted 4 tbsp
Whole cumin seeds roasted 2 tbsp
Kasori methi(fenugreek leaves) 2 tbsp
Whole black pepper 1 tsp
Crushed red pepper 1 tbsp
Chili powder 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tbsp
All spice powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric 1 tsp

Cooking Directions
Grind altogether fill in bottles, label and preserve.
Use according to the recipe….

1. Iqra Asad says:

Looks yummy! I like how you take photos of every stage in the process. My mother likes to garnish with green chili peppers as well 🙂

2. Muslim Mummy says:

How long do you leave it on Dum for? Will try this recipe…I am getting bored of the same way I make my chicken

3. maryamkabir says:

This look so delicious ans spicy just how I like it ! I’ll probably use wayyy less oil haha

4. Umme Hafsa says:

This looks so yummy 🙂 Usually at home, our chicken curries take much longer to cook, so it’s refreshing to see how its all cooked within 15 minutes mashaAllah.

5. Hina nafe says:

Yum…the karahi masala in ingredients is shan masala?

I have used homemade masala,whose recipe has been given at the end of post..You can use Shan masala too.

6. rubysiddiq says:

Love that this is tomato-free! Will definitely be trying out soon 🙂

7. Sainab says:

This looks really tasty. Reminds me of how my mums makes chicken

8. amina says:

I like the pictures -.they make me want to have a bite.

The combination of spices are all among my favourites. How ‘hot’ is it?

9. Haya says:

I am glad that you also included the ingredients in Karahi ghost masala. Now a days, we are too used to ready mix masalas. Most of us don’t exactly know what we are adding to our pans. (just chick tikka and nihari masalas 🙂 )

I have also published Nihari and tikka recipe with homemade masalas..

10. Aabeda says:

What is all spice powder..is it another name for garam masala or is it just single spice named as ‘all spice’..its jamaica pepper

It is Garam masala powder.