Carpet pudding

Carpet Pudding
It is an easy and quick desert that you can made in a hurry…It’s taste is awesome and it is a good desert for coffee lovers.The Desert layers are Cinnamon coffee custard ,Chocolate chip cookies and whipy whip cream….Decorated like a carpet pattern with chocolate chips,crushed tea biscuits and Desicated coconut.
Ingredients
Milk 4 and 1/2 cup
Vanilla custard powder 5 tbsp
Instant coffee powder 1 teaspoon
Sugar 8 tablespoons
Whipy whip cream or any other cream 1 and 1/2 cup
Chocolate chip cookies 150 gms
Chocolate chips for decoration
Finely crushed tea biscuits or Marie biscuits for decoration

Desicated  coconut for decoration

Method
For Cinnamon coffee custard,,,,,,serves 6-8
1: Dissolve 1 teaspoon of instant coffee powder in 2 tbsp of hot milk..
Boil 4 cups of milk and add the coffee mixture…Then add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 8 tbsp of sugar,stir well..Take 1/2 cup of cold milk in a bowl and dissolve 5 tbsp of vanilla custard powder in it.pour it in boiling milk and stir well……Cook for 2 minutes and keep stirring..then turn off the flame.Let it cool at room temperature.Now add 1/2 cup of whipy whip cream and mix well.
IMG_9123

2: Take 1 cup of Whipy whip cream and beat well.I have used the whippy whip cream which is non dairy and fat free.You can use any other whip cream .In dairy cream you will have to add 2tbsp icing sugar.
IMG_8912-0

3: Take a plastic bag and put chocolate chip cookies in it.Crush the cookies with the help of rolling pin.
IMG_9130

4: For decoration ,,,,,,,
Crush tea biscuits or Marie biscuits to a fine powder.keep aside.

Assembling,,,,,

Take a serving dish…put crushed chocolate chip cookies..

Then pour prepared custard.make a third layer of whipy whip cream.

Now decorate like a carpet pattern with crushed tea biscuits ,chocolate chips,and Desicated coconut according to your choice..
serve chilled…

IT is most famous recipe of my blog .It is also selected for 30 Ramadan quick recipes guest post series by Muslimah bloggers website..
Check 21 No Bake Layered deserts

Readers feedback

My blog reader tried this recipe and send me the pics.

1. Fatima says:

This looks very nice. I have made this kind of pudding several times at home but didn’t know it was called carpet pudding. Why is that name given to it?

Fatima | http://www.blogsbyfa.com

Because it is decorated like a carpet pattern.You can make different patterns of your choice.

2. omw looks so yummy lol I’m coming over 😀 (www.spicyfusionkitchen.com and http://www.beautywithzainy.com)

3. Aishah says:

I was going to ask the same thing about the name!I love deserts that are versatile that you decorate in different ways!

Thanks for sharing

Aishah

4. Hina says:

Wow this one is a pretty innovative one. How yummy was it?
    Hina – http://www.hinasworld.com

5. Amina says:

I’m a coffee lover and also love desserts so this is definitely for me. I love the fact that it can be made in go. Such a sweet and creative inspiration!

6. Rabia S. says:

Ok. That’s the dessert for the coffee-addicted husband. I love coffee too but he is really crazy about it and picky with sweets. So thats for sure something he will like. And it looks really like an express thing. Thanks for sharing! Carpet pudding is a funny name, by the way!

7. Muslim Mummy says:

The name is interesting!! This looks delicious…My kind of dessert!

8. ayeina says:

WHY CANT WE DOWNLOAD FOOD FROM THE INTERNET 😦 Haha.
    Looks really yummy and very easy to put togeher

Your comment is a compliment for me…thanks dear

9. imanatss says:

I love this – what a cute pattern and a catchy name for a dessert! I love anything with coffee in it lol – do you think I might be able to leave the whipped cream out? I have a dairy sensitivity and will probably horribly regret eating it if I do use the whipped cream lol!

10. Zia says: