Ingredients:Butter 6 ounces or 150 grams
Caster sugar 6 ounces or 12 tbsp (measure it then grind it)
Flour (Maida) 6 ounces or 12 tbsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
Milk 2 tbsp
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Pink and yellow color few drops.
– Beat butter and sugar till it is creamy.
– Sieve flour (Baking) and baking powder (3 times)
– Start adding eggs one by one in butter and sugar mixture, alternating with 1 tbsp of sieved flour (means add 1 egg, then beat, add 1 tbsp of sieved flour and beat, then again add another egg, and 1 tbsp of sieved flour).
– Now add vanilla essence. Then fold the remaining flour in the mixture (with wooden spoon or spatula, do not use beater).
– Divide the batter in 3 portions. Add pink color in one part, yellow color in second part, and in third part coco powder paste mixed with 2 tbsp of milk.
– Grease the loaf pan, add the 3 batters alternating each other, first add coco, then pink then yellow, and so on, as shown in picture below. (you can also make in round cake pan)
Lastly add swirls with toothpick to give a marble effect.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 190 c